I met my July goal by having fun working on a variety of projects. We have been celebrating family this week. My children were all born in July, and so was I. We have family dinners. Usually pizza and cake but this year we went to a restaurant. Not once. But twice. Really radical, I know. There were about 14 of us at the most amazing Chinese buffet with countless options for everyone. The little boys were given chopsticks to alleviate boredom. How could a 6-year-old be bored when he could eat his chocolate-coated strawberries and then his ice cream with chopsticks?
Although I have had 25,567 days to prepare for my 70th birthday, it still took me by surprise. Well, maybe more like a shock. I think I may start eating my ice cream with chopsticks. I was given a couple of sets.
We had postponed celebrating our 50th-anniversary last year and decided to not do anything spectacular this year. Maybe next year we can have a 50+2 thing. We did have a wonderful family-filled day, beginning with mini-golf, pancake brunch, games, and barbeque, then more games and hanging out until dark. All this outside on the most amazing summer day ever. Grandchildren running around outside playing, eating, four-wheeling, golf carting, eating, and general chaotic movement, while the adults of 3 older generations sat back and enjoyed it all.
The contractors have arrived to transform the backyard of this 1840's farmhouse.
The view from the west.
Sounds like fun, with all the children around. Enjoy your time, working on your variety.
ReplyDeleteThat is how I felt about my 75th bday in February...how did it happen??? I love your churn dash blocks. I am working on a Cathedral Quilt... enjoying it very much,
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great family time was had by all.
ReplyDelete