Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

It's Tuesday Again

 Last week's list was to:

  1. Write something profound. I wrote fewer days than usual. I try to write Morning Pages - 3 hand written ages of stream of consciousness writing first thing when I crawl out of bed. But then, I slept in several mornings because I was up half the night reading. Then, we impulsively went away for the weekend (5 days) to visit family so I did no writing then either.
  2. Do not gloat or boast. So, is it boasting to say I am not boasting? 

  3. Complete one Lucy corner square. I completed several sashing units. I also basted piles and piles of white hexies as I joined not one not two but three quilting zoom parties the previous weekend. This past weekend while we were away, I stitched all those white hexies into threes. And I glue basted lots of one-inch squares. But I did not complete a corner unit.  
  4. Plant bulbs. Nope. Not yet. The weather is still pretty nice, and I like to plant them just before freeze-up so the squirrels do not dig them up. One time I was out there on New Year's Day planting. Another time, it was Jan 4, and I was out there in my bare feet planting. A week later it was -29C. Freeze-up could come petty soon now. 

  5. Ignore the Wedding Quilt.   I succeeded in ignoring - no that is not true - I did no sewing on it but it is in my face all the time. I have it on the big design wall and it is the background for every zoom meeting I am on. I probably should have fixed my hair before taking the picture. 



This week's list:
  1. Complete three Lucy sashing strips.
  2. Ignore the Wedding Quilt.
  3. Work on the Churn Dash blocks. 
  4. Write something. 
    1. Morning Pages
    2. Devotions
    3. Manuscript
    4. To-Do lists
    5. Blog post
That should keep me busy for the coming week.
Linking with Linda at texasquiltgal. 

Blessings,
Chris

9 comments:

  1. Those Lucy hexies are neat...progress! And I like that prompt to write something profound. I'm on and off with the daily journal. I don't plant bulbs here because of the squirrels but I never knew that about planting prior to freeze up. Thanks for mentioning that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing over your quandary about boasting. :D How fun to have an impulsive getaway! I think your hair looks lovely - I would have to wear a hat on a zoom meeting - lol! Thank you for sharing your life with us at To Do Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 - Did give me a chuckle!
    #3 - Can't tell you how many times I picked up that book. So intriguing, but not dedicating myself to good old Lucy yet. :-) Good for you with all your progress. Glue basting is the way to go!
    #4 - I think Hubs plants bulbs just to keep the squirrels well fed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals make me smile especially self improvement goals like "Don't Gloat". Such goals are what I set for myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rolling out of bed and writing would not work for me...I'm befuddled when I first wake up. Love the idea of putting morning thoughts down though. I admire anyone with the patience to do English Paper Piecing. It's going to be lovely when done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is taking the befuddled and scribbling all those random thoughts onto paper to help clear the mind to better focus. The patience comes with just doing it.

      Delete
  6. Your list of goals is interesting, hope you are feeling better after covid, I have managed to dodge it so far. Glad you don't have to worry about the squirrels digging in the garden, nor have snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it may not look like much but man you made serious progress on Lucy! Kudos to you. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete