I did not meet my October goal. Fact is, I hardly even tried. And why?
Besides a long weekend filled with family and people and food, I ended up with covid and lost a week of being productive. Well, that is not entirely true. The week we were sick, my Sweetie and I made not one, not two, but three big pots of soup and two crock pots of stew. Just because we could, and we had a lot of vegetables that needed processing. Like, someone dropped off a half bushel of brussel sprouts so they now live in the deep freezer. So, we now have lots and lots of meals in the freezer in case we get sick and do not want to cook.
Also, I got a message from my daughter that 6-year-old David was missing me and was snuggling up in a sweater I gave his mom to sleep in because it reminded him of the good memories he had with Gramma. Not sure what was going on in his head, other than I had covid, and so did his dad and mom at the same time. He said the sweater smelled like the farm. How wonderful! So, I went over for a few days to snuggle the boys.
Alas, I recovered from the covid. It was a mild case, and I was out of it for about 4-5 days, then the nasal congestion. I had to cancel the surgery that I have been waiting 5 months for. It will be sometime next month. Something about anesthetic and congestion not going together. I did get lots of handwork done on Lucy because the prep work and thinking part was done. Just got to sit and stitch my heart away.I rearranged the quilt room so I could have more table space to work more efficiently. I now have both the 8-foot folding tables set up in the middle of the room. I have my books spread out on one table facing north and the quilting on the other table facing south.
Since it is Tuesday, I have a To-Do-Tuesday list this week:
- Write something profound.
- Do not gloat or boast.
- Complete one Lucy corner square.
- Plant bulbs.
- Ignore the Wedding Quilt.
Who says we have to constantly produce something? We've worked hard all our lives, sometimes we just need to take it easy and take a nap. Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteYou made me chuckle with #5 on your list .... we have to leave something to do tomorrow, don't we! LOL
ReplyDeleteyou were sick it is ok to have not met all your goals - I didn't have covid but a stomach virus and it knocked me back a week and I still haven't met my October goals!!
ReplyDeleteI think my comment came through as anonymous - I forgot to check the box hope it is fixed now
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it through covid easily enough. We did several months ago as well. On the positive side of it, we just tried to enjoy being home and actually getting some sleep. My cough and tiredness hung out for weeks though which I did not enjoy but happy to be over it now! Lucy looks beautiful so far!
ReplyDeletehope your recovery from Covid is speedy! take time to heal up...
ReplyDeleteLooks to me like you were pretty busy, even when you were ill.
ReplyDeleteTurn off the backlighting on your fancy silver keyboard. You will have to ask Mr. Google for instructions but it makes everything easier to see. After you figure it out write it on a sicky note because when you turn the computer on the next time it will do it again.
ReplyDeleteYou sure kept busy even though you got covid..
ReplyDeleteLucy's looking lovely.
Your hexie project looks like it will be amazing. Here's to hoping for a productive November.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you've recovered from COVID and are back at sewing. Lucy is really starting to take shape! I'm excited to see it all together. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeleteI bought a wireless keyboard and mouse set at Walmart for $20.00 to use with my laptop. We now have four sets, for different rooms and even one for the desktop computer. They work great.
ReplyDeleteoh chris what a lovely bright room you have!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you have had Covid, luckily it hadn't got to us yet. So sweet about your grandson missing you, perhaps he was worried when you were not well?
ReplyDeleteGlad you recovered with a mild case, how sweet that your grandson missed you. Your "Lucy" is beautiful, and I like your churn dashes. What a beautiful house you have! Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteHopefully you are over the "covid" and back to feeling on top of it. Love the way Lucy is developing... she'll be a beauty...xox
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are all prepped for quick meals to defrost when the 'I don't want to cook' happens! So sweet he was snuggling the sweater and missing you. Lucy is just beautiful - that is why we have prepped hand work! Just a thought - you can always plug the keyboard from the computer into the laptop and use that to key on. I do that with a mouse and keyboard on my work laptop and also have a hook up to a large monitor. Were you able to go to the retreat this month?
ReplyDeleteI think nasal congestion combined with anesthesia would be a bad combo for me. I would worry I would quit breathing. Sorry you have to wait longer for surgery and that you had covid.
ReplyDelete