Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Revisiting 23 UFOs

  Some thoughts on revisiting 23 unfinished projects.

  1. There should be at least 23.
  2. These do not have be unfinished quilts. I'm sure I have something else unfinished to work on. 
  3. I think 2 weeks on each project should be just enough time to have some fun without creating unnecessary stress to complete. 
  4. Completion is not the goal.
  5. Having fun is. 
  6. And if I liked the project enough to have invested that kind of money and time in the first place, then I should enjoy myself playing with it again. 
  7. No pressure to finish anything. 
  8. Playing is the goal. 
  9. Linking up with some of the encouragement parties in blogland is a great idea if that will keep me motivated. 
  10. Okay, I like to make lists and could spend the first month just writing and re-writing my goals and to-do lists, but I already did that. 
  11. That is not the goal.
  12. Having fun working on the projects is the goal.
  13. Two weeks per project times 23 projects does not equal 52 weeks.
  14. I guess that's like working on 2 projects each month.  
  15. Working on more than one at a time is okay.
  16. As long as I am having fun. 
  17. Starting new projects is not forbidden. 
  18. This is for revisiting ufos. 
  19. Unless I start a new project early in the year and it becomes a ufo by year's end, then it counts.  
  20. Writing up an elaborate list of ufos is a great idea.
  21. Checking it twice is nice and so is colour coding. 
  22. But completion is not the goal.
  23. Having fun is. 
Blessings,
Chris

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great plan Chris.. Good luck and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan, Chris. Love that the focus is on having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the end of the day, we should do what our heart tells us to do and it sounds like you are going to have FUN! Well said. Wishing you all the best in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Chris especially that you said having fun with your quilting projects is important. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete