Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching


I fussy cut a few more hexies for Lucy. I found a tutorial by Luanne at Loose Threads for making those amazing frames. I met Luanne once at a Shipshewana Quilt Retreat.  





I now have to decide which colours to use for the outer hexies. I initially thought the orange gingham would work, but it so stands out of place with all the others on the wall. I may use the softer gold colour. Either way, I have to prep more so will wait until I have a few more colours on the wall to see if the orange blends in more quietly. 


I ran out of papers so had to start attached the Lucy units together. This is not for the faint of heart. I will try to sew together the next units differently to see if I can manipulate them easier. I thread basted everything up to this point, except the gold squares are glue basted. I find that as I get moving along, some of the papers are popping out before I get them encased.  

Linking up with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching. and quiltingismorefunthanhousework. and quiltingpatch. and smallquiltsanddollquilts.design-wall-monday-

Blessings,

Chris





13 comments:

  1. Two more lovely Lucy’s
    Maria lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are so pretty! If I lived closer to you, I'd gift you my papers. Twelve blocks was enough for me and of course I bought the BIG bag before I started. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I adore the latest hexie flower with the blue frame. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks like a lot of work. Such a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun use of the striped fabric! This does look like a challenge to join the pieces together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the latest hexie flower and the blue frame! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty block that is making. I like the dark gold! Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE these new hexies for Lucy. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The framing is so very effective. I’m sure you will work out the most appropriate outer border. Good luck with figuring out an efficient way of joining the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice fussy cutting! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - ich bin begeistert von den wunderschönen Stoffen und der tollen Blockbildung damit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really do have the knack for fussy cutting. Lovely to see you joining blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your fussy cutting technique is so very well mastered, your blocks look fabulous.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete