Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Summer Daze

Progress on the Macaron Mystery Quilt. The instruction are so thorough and I was careful to check off each step as I measured and cut. So going through each pile of pre cut peices, I had one bunch of squares left over I could not figure out so checked out the picture on the Meadow Mist sight and realized they went into the very center of the main blocks. 

Making flying geese units. I decided to use a variety of solids to match the focus fabric with the flowers and butterflies. 

There are 2 backgounds. Fun trying to keep them in order. 

Lots of HST and QST. 

It appears that I did not download the final assembly instructions. At least I cannot find them. That makes it so much more fun figuring it out for myself.


I may be awhile trimming all those flying geese units. Keeping them together for the past 4 years was sort of simple. But I did come out a few pieces short. They may be laying around somewhere to be found by accident when I am looking for something else. 


I have been looking at some quilter's storage. I do not sort by colour. I have put all the fabrics patterns and whatevers in a box for each project to make sure I had everything I was going to need to complete it. I do not make scrap quilts because I do not exactly have scraps. I have projects and I have collections. Many collections. I have often told myself that when I complete a quilt, then I will have all the scraps left over for scrap quilts. Maybe. But not just yet. 

Life here on the Farm has settled down to quiet days with lots of time to sit back and just be. We are always so busy doing that we forget to lean back and reflect on the goodness of God. 

blessings,

Chris




5 comments:

  1. I only just started sorting by color after visiting a friend's sewing room. It inspired me. I have slowly been going through scrap bins getting them organized. I am much happier with my new system although it isn't quite finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to mention that I, like you, also like to keep all project fabric together in one bin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are getting some quiet time to putter with your projects. Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One step at a time, and you will get to the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it’s always tricky to complete a quilt from the past if you can’t find the pattern. You’ve started though. Good luck Chris

    ReplyDelete