This block just kept showing up so I started to put in a few stitches. And you know what? I could do it! Not too many, but some. So, I have been putting in a few every day. The last time I had worked on it was back at the end of January 2023 on a Chookshed zoom call. I was working my way through putting stitches into 23 different ufos for my 2023 Challenge.
So, what did I do? I pulled out the project boxes for Think of Me Dear One or TOMDO for short. That was not enough. I put the mostly completed 10 setting triangles up on the small design wall and now I have something to look at. And dream.
As if I needed any more things to dream about. This was never on my goals list. At least not in the past 3 years. But I am working on it. And my hands are not complaining too much. But I know to just stitch for no more than 15 minutes at a time. This is what it looks like right now. I put up the few partially made blocks. I started this in 2010. This is where I started to learn how to do needle turn hand applique. Only 21 more blocks and a swag border to go. Joining Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with design-wall-monday-
One stitch at a time. This looks like a perfect slow stitching project. Gail at the cozy quilter
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! It may seem like it will take forever, but if you don't start, you'll never finish. Thank you for linking up to Stitching Stuff this week.
ReplyDeleteThat is so impressive. Like I tell my students, "Slow and steady wins the race."
ReplyDeletewow that is gorgeous chris....15 min a day will get it done for sure...
ReplyDeleteHeirlooms are never made in a weekend and this one qualifies for the heirloom title. What a beauty it will be. Enjoy the slow process. ;^)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful designs for your triangle blocks. Love the red contrast with white. Keep on stitching: you are making great progress!
ReplyDeleteShe's a beauty! Every minute spent appliqueing is one minute closer to the finish, happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the stitching...even if it is only 15 minutes at a time. Your applique quilt is going to be gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteWow, this project is gorgeous! Having it on the design wall will help you move faster! Have fun stitching this one.
ReplyDelete