This is the potential for Stonefields for now (designed by Susan Smith). I oopsed and cut out all 4 outer borders 10 in wide. It is supposed to be 13 inches. So now I need to decide if I will be okay with only 2 rows of hexie flowers instead of 3. I have lots of the fabric but do I want to do that? Too many decisions. I have more than enough hexie flowers made. A decision for another day. I have put this away for now. I will not be meeting my OMG goal this month.
I did cut more blue strips for Omigosh since it is awkward doing scrappy with only 5 prints. I have decided that, for now, doing this as a leader ender is not going to work. I will just blitz it once in a while for the RSC.
In the meantime, I did something to my back the other day and mobility is limited. The hot tub sure feels good on a mid wintery day.
Blessings, Chris
linking with: Fredrique at quiltingpatch.
alyciaquilts.finished-or-not-friday.
I am doing Omigosh completely scrappy, with tons of prints, but I still end up with the same print in a block. LOL. Hope you mobility returns.
ReplyDeleteSometimes, after letting the possible answers to the question "marinate", the decision is easier to make. Your applique progress is amazing!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects
ReplyDeleteYour hand applique quilts are just so gorgeous, Chris...long term projects for sure, but well worth it I think.
ReplyDeleteOuch for your back--I know what that is like--heat, rest and maybe a little sip of some wine??? Hope you feel better soon...hugs, Julierose
So sorry to hear that you hurt your back, Chris. Stonefields is coming along so nicely for you!
ReplyDeleteI've never done reverse applique so it's great you're having a go.
ReplyDeleteThe two other projects you are working on are lovely.
My mantra is "There are no mistakes in quilting. There are only learning experiences and creative opportunities." It isn't always easy to embrace that concept when you accidentally cut a 10" border instead of a 13" one. Those hexie flowers prove you grasped the creative opportunity. The quilt will be all the more beautiful.
ReplyDeletegosh the stonefields is sooo pretty so far!
ReplyDeleteWatching your progress on the different quilts has been fun! I kinda like the 2 rows of hexagon flowers. Your quilt, your choice! Sorry about the back, hope the heat of the waters is helping it heal. Good luck with the writing deadline.
ReplyDeleteI believe in time outs. They can help when you are undecided. Enjoy the soaking. Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
ReplyDeleteI too tried Omigosh as a leader ender and decided otherwise.
ReplyDeleteyour "make the decision another day" made me laugh - I totally get that.
ReplyDeleteLove the Ohmigosh!!!
Waving hello from Ajax ON, your work is lovely!
ReplyDeleteHope your back is doing better... love "Stonefields" it is just gorgeous! xx
ReplyDeleteI have that pattern here- somewhere and love it. Idon't know what I'm waiting for. YOurs is moving along and so pretty.
ReplyDeleteA lot of pretty appliquéd blocks here! You are doing well, and I hope that your back is getting better. Thank you for sharing and linking up!
ReplyDelete