My new quilt start for the Chookshed Challenge is Wensleydale. I bought the foundation papers on amazon. What can I say? Amazon delivers to my door. Actually, they deliver to each of my doors. They cannot see the house or the front door when they drive into the big yard. There are too many big trees hiding our very big ole farmhouse. It seems that there is a different driver every time. Like 2-3 deliveries a week. Sometimes more.
So. Wensleydale. I like the name.
I pulled out heaps of Moda heathery solids. It appears that each of the Moda fat quarter bundles I bought over the years had several in each one. Most of those I bought 10 years ago on insane sales online.
So many possibilities.
The plan is to cut out a lot before starting to sew them together.
I plan to NOT fussy cut for this one. Just cut out and take what comes. I may be surprized.
blessings,
Chris
linking with: ninamariesayre/off-wall-friday
Those blocks are a really good use of those larger scale florals. Great choice!
ReplyDeletelooking great so far...i've seen so many gorgeous versions of this pattern....i pieced my blocks using color as a guide so i've a mix of all kinds of prints...
ReplyDeleteI love those fabrics. They are going to make a lovely quilt.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome palette of fabrics! They are going to show well in that block design!
ReplyDeleteWensleydale looks like a great scrap busting quilt. Interesting name, at our house it brings to mind Wallace and Grommit, and their love of Wensleydale cheese.
ReplyDeleteYou are off to a good start on Wensleydale - I have the papers . . . no plan to start yet.
ReplyDeleteYour fabrics are gorgeous! They are going to make some beautiful blocks. I do wonder how the quilt got it's name - was the designer from Wensleydale or did they just like the word! x
ReplyDeleteOh great blocks! and gorgeous fabrics. Our driver(s) can't ever figure out what door to use either... one time they left it at the barn haha
ReplyDeleteOh these are going to be so pretty! Those large florals pair so well with the heathery solids. Can't wait to see this progress! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/07/15/wednesday-wait-loss-493
I do like the tones and colours in these blocks.
ReplyDeleteYour fabric choice is beautiful, these floral prints and solid fabrics are going to play well together! Have fun working on this project! Thank you so much for sharing and linking up, please keep us updated.
ReplyDeleteI have Wensleydale on my to-do list as well - I have the book and the papers but haven't made any decisions on the fabric yet!!! I like how you are tackling yours.
ReplyDelete