I forgot to write up my newest quilt start. Tumbling Blocks. This idea showed up when I was doom scrolling back in March.
I had purchased 3 Stonehenge Gradiant layer cakes when Gail from Gail's Place and I visited Missouri Star Quilts in Oct 2024. I had another idea in mind but this works also. I had a 300 pack of 3 inch 6 point diamonds papers I bought about 25 years ago. I found more at a local quilt shop on line. I have been glue basting off and on for weeks. I am machine stitching them together with a narrow zig-zag just like I have been doing with Stonefields and Lucy. I will worry about removing the papers another time.
For now, these are just slapped up onto the small design wall. I am about half way. It is hard to figure out the colour value with some of the lighter colours. There are 6 different colour gradiants in each pack. The wide back fabric laying below it is one I purchased years ago just because and the colours go together very nicely. When I see how big this will be, I can then cut some outer borders and still have enough for the backing.
The Chookshed Challenge number for July is 5 and that means I can start a new quilt. I have one ready and waiting. Grace at CityMouse Quilter has been working on hers for a few months now. I dithered about making one for months then just bought the book of foundation papers. In the meantime, I found a site that gave cutting instructions and decided that I could do that. I do not have to do any of the math. Just have all the fun. My plan is to use many of the large floral fabrics I have been collecting over the years for broderie perse applique. So, first I have to finish fussy cutting a few more honeycombs for Lucy and a lot of floral for my Morrell. This will leave me with quite a mess of swiss cheese fabrics. Perfect for cutting random scrap shapes for Wensleydale.
It is July 1st and we are celebrating Canada Day. This is the hottest day of the summer so far at 93F or 36 C. Thundershowers usually follow this kind of heat. We are situated between the Great Lakes here in Southern Ontario Canada and get a variety of all kinds of weather throughout the year.
Blessings,
Chris
Linking with: alyciaquilts.finished-or-not.html
looking good so far...thanks for the shout out!! beyond sweltering here as well...
ReplyDeleteYour diamonds quilt looks great from here. Wensleydale is a lovely design. x
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Canada Day to you, Chris! How wild that it is 93 degrees in Canada. It's forecasted to reach 99 degrees here in North Carolina every day this weekend and I feel so bad for the men who are outside working on painting the exterior of our house in this blistering heat. Your Tumbling Blocks is looking lovely!
ReplyDeleteI like that tumbling blocks - its going to be cool!
ReplyDelete