I turned 74 the other day. No less than 3 cakes showed up at the local Legion fish fry that my older brother organized. It was really nice. All my kids and their kids and my local siblings were there.
I sewed up a lot more of the Tumbling Blocks and my sister started playing with them.
Not all the blocks have the same orientation of colour value. Will it bother me?
I thought about taking it down and getting the girls to play with them after they come home from camp. One is at bi-lingual camp in Quebec with her father and step mother. Another is at Circle Square Ranch with horses and other 13 year olds. The oldest one is working full time at the bakery and loving it. She has been learning how to make home made pies by the hundreds. Now she will soon master butter tarts and cookies by the thousands. Then I reconsidered and have decided to sew it together just like it is. I still have to prep 2 half hexies to smooth out the sides. That will be my OMG goal for August.
I have been writing. I printed off all the chapters and arranged them in aphabetical order. This helped me see what I was missing since it is an ABC look at how we stayed married for 50 years.
And I have discovered Google Docs! Now don't laugh. I had no idea. My editor has been returning each chapter with her many recommendations and I had been moving them over to Word where I have been working for nearly 30 years. But now Google Docs. My sister visiting earlier this summer, showed me how to locate and access all those pages. And then, I learned how to create a new document and finally save it and name it. This is pretty radical learning for an old gramma who resisted getting a cell phone until our landline cables were severed 4 years ago.
My highschool quilting friend Barb will be visiting here later in the month for a couple of days of stitching. I plan to invite a few others to join us. I think I will start sewing up the Wensleydale blocks then. In the meantime, I have been playing with the outer hexie border of Stonefields (from Susan Smith).
I cut a few pink pieces for Omigosh. I had not done that colour back in April. The August RSC colour is yellow. I have some scraps ready to cut. I am having difficulty locating my reproduction purples. I know I have lots but where? I have another month for those. No progress to report on Wreath of Roses. But I have a plan. I always have a plan.
blessings,
Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment