Stonefields (by susan Smith) has been sadly neglected for way too long. The last time I had it out to look at was the end of March. I 'd had great intentions and then did nothing for the next few months.
I tried scattering the hexie flowers on these outer borders after I cut another wider set, but had to figure out the spacing and then fasten them on to do the machine applique. I stabbed them onto the design wall. Then had to fugure how to connect them off the wall. But pinning them was really hard on my hands.
So, I took everything down and lay them out on a table after I cleared away my papers and icecream bowls. I discovered Kawartha Dockside Cappochino ice cream. And I thought they did not get any better than Salted Caramel Truffle.
This actually is easier to space them. I am using that Quilter's Choice basting glue. It is hard to squeeze and will never let go of the fabric. I only put on a few tiny dots to the turned over seam allowance not onto the papers which I still have to remove. Someday.
The Chookshed Challenge number for August is 6 so I get to work on somehting not on my list. I guess that can be Stonefields since it is not on the list and it is on my table.
blessings,
Chris
linking with: smallquiltsanddollquilts.design-wall-monday-
Lovely to see progress on this one.
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty colours. x
ReplyDeleteI would imagine it would be difficult to pin through those papers! I'm planning to use my Roxanne's Glue Baste-It when I get to that stage (someday). At what point do you plan to remove the papers from your hexie rosettes? Glad to see you have your Stonefields project out again!
ReplyDelete