Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 New Years Day

My New Years Resolution is to complete . . . ONE . . . at least . . . quilt.
But which one? I am working on several REALLY BIG projects that seem to have no end in sight in the near future. So . . . I looked back through my note book that has a list of every quilt start and finish from the very beginning. The list tells me I have started 70 quilts. This does not include crib quilts because I have forgotten how many and to whom I gave them. I have completed 30 quilts . . .  some by hand quilting, some by machine and others were tied. Not to become too too obsessive, but I still have 40 to complete and a new quilt start happening today. . . can hardly wait . . . the Benjamin Biggs 1854 wedding quilt from Just Takes 2.


SO . . . I pulled out THE LIST and have decided to go back to the oldest UFO and finish the thing . . . for starters. The oldest unfinished quilt is a lap size  . . . one of those quick things that took a couple of days to cut out and sew up. I had intended to machine quilt it years ago, but could not find all the backing for it.  Somewhere I got the idea that the back of the quilt had to match the front. And, I felt totally insecure about machine quilting at the time because I did not know how.  Anyway, life and school came along and it is still sitting there.
Well, it appears that I have the matching backing AND the thing is already sandwiched, pinned and ready to go. It was half way down the pile in the closet under the stairs awaiting my insecurities to get out of the way. As soon as I give it a nice pressing, I can slip it onto my Brother machine and . . . well . . . just do it. . .
THEN . . . I think I will locate the most nearly complete UFO and see what happens.
BTY . . . cleaning out the stairs closet is on the bucket list.
New Year's Blessings,
Chris

2 comments:

  1. I'm about ready to pull the Penny Patch quilt from my sewing room to work on tonight while I watch tv. I think I can finish sewing down the binding.
    I have bags and bags of projects and still more bags to fill.
    I seriously have, I would guess, 10 years worth of supplies to keep me busy....I just need to get busy!
    Best of luck on finishing up your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marsha. I gave it a press and put it aside for now until I can figure out what thread I will use and I am making the first block for the Just Takes 2 released today. I think I am going to try and quilt feathers. Those inside squares are all different sizes and shapes so there is lots of room for practice. If I make each one going in a different direction that should help.

    ReplyDelete