In the meantime, since it was so nicely laid out in order, I thought I would take the time today to connect all the blocks that I could and then went the extra step and completed section A
and most of section B. It is laid out on the back of a quilt so I can see the colours with out distraction. I still have to choose a few colours for the rest of the blocks and the Jinny Beyer Pallet only has 1 yellow. There are lots of greens and purple for sure. Some of these are colours I have avoided over the years in my quilting journey.
It is folded nicely and back in the box for now. I had taken the Bernina sewing machine up to the white room to work on a project that requires zigzag stitching. I had to go downstairs to the quilt room several times to get thread, bobbins, heat up my tea, then back down to square up 2 blocks and and find an extension cord to plug in the machine and light. So, I got lots of exercise as well. I babysit our 8 month old granddaughter here at the farm 3 days a week and last week she so generously shared a head cold throat thing and this week she shared a stomach bug. It is a fast way to lose 5 lbs but I do not recommend it.
Blessings,
Chris
I'm so sorry I missed out on this BOM. It's just what I'm looking for, but I don't think it's available anymore. Yours looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteIt is available but not for free. Link to the following and go to on line shop.
Deletehttp://sentimentalstitches.net/2012/12/01/just-takes-2-quilt-december-1-quilt-blocks-and-final-assembly/
Yes, I found it after I posted. I've bought the first two units, I can't wait to start.
DeleteBeautiful blocks! Love the colours!
ReplyDeleteI really like the simplicity of your blocks. At first I thought you had quilted blocks on the borders but then realized that there is a quilt underneath. Did you quilt that too?
ReplyDeleteYes. It is a blue and white Irish Chain that is featured earlier in this blog under finished quilts. I like to lay my blocks on the back because it is white and does not compete.
DeleteSorry. I cannot find the post about the Irish Chain. It is hand quilted. I do remember writing about it. I will have to do a new one.
Deletewhat a fabulous quilt! Slow and stead wins the race, and it is definitely a winner!
ReplyDeleteThere is slow and steady and then there is back in a box slow. Every time I pull it out and look at it I fall in love with it all over again . . . but time . . . commitments . . . And then there is encouragement . . . so thank you.
DeleteSamplers have always been my favourite type of quilt, especially those that sport different sized blocks! I do think that like wine, the best quilts need to take time....
ReplyDeletethis is the first sampler I am making with different sized blocks. I agree that is part of the charm here.
DeleteWhat a lovely sampler!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I wanted to boast about something I was working on and have now fallen in love with this sampler all over again, especially with all the kind remarks and encouragements.
DeleteIt's lovely! I admire that you're able to keep trucking along, what with a head/throat/stomach thing. Enjoy that baby--I sure wish I had one!
ReplyDeleteI was 55 when I became a gramma. what did I ever do with y time before I started babysitting them?
DeleteYou do incredible piecing - hope you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI tend to do my piecing and applique with the quilt police looking over both shoulders. I realize now it is a bit of ADHD thing. I have had the opportunity to do some judging at local fairs and I realized that I try to do my stitching to the best of my ability, which never seems quite good enough for me, in the possible event that I might impulsively complete something and enter it into a competition. I have such fantasies.
DeleteYes, I am feeling better thank you. Stomach thing lasted a couple of days and the cold was done about the same time. I have so much delight in watching my little granddaughter. sunday nights I get to put all three girls to bed while mom and dad play hockey. Where do you find skates for a 2 year old?
ReplyDelete