I started prepping 3 blocks before I came to my daughter's, but it is a good thing I brought an extra background square. I did not realize that I had placed all but the upper left laurel leaves in the wrong place until I was apart way through stitching the top right ones. I did think they were a bit close to the corner but guess I was too distracted with thinking about my new grandson. Not looking forward to unstitching them.
| |
| BTCT # 2 |
So, I started all over, this time placing the green leaves first. Its a good thing that real leaves are all different. I am really enjoying the hand applique on these leaves. They are much easier to work around than the innies and outies of the Chester County Criswell Quilt blocks, which by the way, are smaller and have far fewer pieces.
| BTCT # 2 |
Block # 4 seems to be going ok. Those large red leaves seem to be a bit off kilter, but there are more squiggly bits to go on them yet.
| BTCT #4 |
I am loving working on the Kona snow cotton. Thanks to all who recommended it for hand applique. The plan right now is to eventually hand quilt this.
Blessings,
Chris
yôu always have something interesting for us
ReplyDelete