I love the squiggliness of this block. I consider it very organic in that none of the leaves are straight and the same. The middle seems a bit puckery. I tried the starch method of appliqueing the centers and I don't think I did it correctly. I will try again on another block . . . some other time. I had a bit of struggle fussing with the red 1/8th inch bias strips on those green leaves. I found that if I cut the strips a smidgen under 3/8th inch they fed through the bias maker better and folded in together instead of out when they were too wide.
 |
| BTCT # 4 |
I finished listening to all 12 hours of lectures and completed the 100 question exam as I was stitching. Right now love working on this doctorate. Didn't feel the same way a few months ago before completing the last course.
Got interviewed today about my experiences as a woman in Christian ministry by a PhD student who is doing research for her dissertation. I don't think I will be writing a book about some of that anytime soon because, on facebook tonight I saw a challenge to go a whole 24 hours without complaining. I have been thinking about ideas for my dissertation. It will not become a reality until I have a supervisor appointed and we begin to work on a proposal.
Blessings,
Chris
I love your block! Those 3/8" bias strips must have been a real challenge. 24 hours without complaining? I wonder how many of us could go 12, 6 or even 3 hours! I'll be more mindful of my thoughts and words today just to see how I do.
ReplyDeleteThis is a nice block, Chris! One of my favourites so far. :)
ReplyDeleteThe block looks great! Your goals are ambitious and you are doing great on realizing the goals too! This is one of the few Cherry Tree blocks that I missed collecting. I did not have the drive to begin these blocks at the time they started but have the collection (of most blocks) to work on later. It really is much easier - and more inspiring to work on at the same time as others online. I may miss out of that support for these patterns too. All I can do is barely (I am behind) keep up with CCC!
ReplyDelete