The first time I ever heard of the The Morrell Quilt was reading about Carole's completed one in Sept. See the picture here
I tracked down the pattern at Threadbare and ordered it in Nov, then had to wait a couple of months until they could print off a copy for me and paid the unheard of sum of $30 to have it shipped to me late Feb.
So, will I make this amazing sampler quilt? I sure hope so. I have the perfect background and 2 yards of a red French General sort of solid that I am using for BTCT. Will there be enough for both? Probably not, but I don't have to worry about that right now. I am determined to complete Dear Jane this month.
My old printer is dying a very noisy death and last night I got the brand new one installed and functioning properly after asking for help so I was able to print off the new BOM patterns. Then I wrote a Quilt Goals for July list while I was watching Pride and Prejudice on my laptop and prepping blocks and then could not get to sleep.
- Top of the list is prep CCCQ #23. Check.
- Prep BB #6 & #7. Partly done. I have to remember that I am machine appliqueing these.
- More prep on BTCT # 4. Need more 1/4 inch bias strips. I turned the green print fabric over to use the back for some of the leaves and thought I would make bias strips out of the solid back.
- Complete BTCT # 17 which I prepped and took with me last week. Should get it done tonight.
- I had booked time on a longarm for next week to quilt a disappearring 9 patch my daughter made for a wedding quilt for next month. Today I went looking for a suitable wide backing. Got really lucky to find the flannel wide backs 30% off so I bought the rest of the bolt of some plain white to use instead of batting and enough print for 2 queen quilt backs. Have to preshrink it first.
- Complete Dear Jane.
- Complete GORF. The Red and Green GO Real Fast Quilt has been sitting patiently in a neat pile all layered and ready to complete the machine quilting in sections. I marked the cross hatch lines while babysitting back in the spring, then blitzed Dear Jane triangles. I have 3 girls all ready to go to do the weekend retreat as soon as we can all agree on a date. The plan is to prepare ALL the blocks and borders and get most of it machine appliqued in a weekend using my Go cutter gadgets. I do plan on making another one. This one will not be in traditional colours.
- Get started on my son and daughter in law's Bali Wedding Star Quilt by Judy Neimeyer. I tracked down enough foundation patterns and fabrics for a king size last year and have not yet started it. Maybe I can get it done for their anniversary in Sept. Maybe.
Chris
Thanks for linking to my Morrell :) I hope enjoy making this amazing quilt. You certainly have set yourself a lot of goals for July - good luck!
ReplyDeleteThe goals are all doable. I only plan on completing Dear Jane this month. Also, I am not starting the Morrell this month . . . At least I am not planning on it . . . yet . . . and I did complete the BTCT block 17 watching Little Women.
DeleteHi Chris, You are so ambitious with your quilting goals! .. and you have time to blog about it! Amazing! It sounds like a lot of fun too. I also have seen that Morrell quilt for a few years now. It seems like it would be an incredible quilting journey and quite a splurge. From what you have accomplished with your other projects, I am sure this well go well for you too. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThere are several Di Ford quilts I want to make. Sigh . . . but I plan to stick to my goals this month . . . then who knows what impulse will seize me . . .
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete