Slow and steady stitching and this block will soon be done. I had a grand-babysitting gig yesterday and managed to applique about 15 leaves. It helped that the 2 older ones were at the other grandma's for the weekend and the baby slept for 3 hours. Mom and Dad got home 5 minutes after she got up.
 |
| BTCT #8 |
I cut out one each of 3 sizes of freezer paper shapes for the leaves and then cut out several at a time with 3/8th inch seam all around. I did not mark the stitching lines. I did mark leaf placements but 2 1/2 year old Elly removed most of the pins last week and I just sort of placed the leaves. The leaves turned out a bit smaller than they were supposed to so next time I probably should cut them a bit bigger. I still need practice to get those curves smooth all the time. I have about 300 cherries and 200 grapes to come in the distant future of this quilt, but that will be another story. The pattern can be found
here.
I am linking to
slow stitching sunday
Blessings,
Chris
Looking good! Slow and steady wins the race.
ReplyDeleteSOunds like you will be getting lots of practice! ENjoy!
ReplyDelete