![]() |
| Biblical Blocks started 2002 and completed 2005 |
I recall meeting my daughter-in-law for the first time late winter 2006 when I had just returned home from my first ministry trip to India. I had the pictures on a loop in the DVD player when they causally walked in. Our son left the room and I asked her where she found him? At work she replied. He came back in and beckoned her to follow him into my quilt room to show her this quilt in these same pieces on the table. He made a comment about the bugger green in it and I put it in a box. I was somewhere in the middle of my undergrad program, internship and milking cows every day.
There are only six 9 inch blocks left to make and maybe a few more blue roses for the border, which is already machine appliqued on. Then all that is left to do, is assemble the thing and then maybe quilt it. It looks like it should finish at 100 inches square.
| Biblical Bocks 2 started 2005 |
It looks like there will be a bit of freezer paper to remove from behind all that applique. It might stay in the box for another 10 years. I won't hold my breath on this one. At least not until I complete the one I am working on this month. Got the longarm booked for the 24th so better get working.
Blessings,
Chris

Beautiful Quilts Chris,
ReplyDeleteMaking two the same isn't something I could do - I hope you get to finish the second one well before the next 10 years is up!
Cheers Wendy.
They are all different colours. I did not photograph the gold and red one since it is in a lot of pieces. But one day. It probably will not take another 10 years, but I have too much going on right now to get back into it. Thanks for stopping by.
DeleteOhhhhhh Chris I hope you keep working on this one I LOVE it> It must not be put away again this is going to be a beauty like the first one, this is a beautiful beautiful design. Hugs Glenda
ReplyDeleteI have often pulled it out and sighed then put it away again. The pattern is by the late Rosemary Makhan. After I started the first one and got stuck, I took a class with her and learned how to draft patterns and then everything fell into place. I have several hand applique projects in various stages that are portable. And, someone borrowed the pattern book.
DeleteLove all the blues. Is that Jinny Beyer fabric I see? UFO's especially two of a kind, may take time. When they are done, then one realise it may have been a lot of work, but worth it!
ReplyDeleteYes they are Jinny Beyer fabrics.
DeleteI have this on my back burner project list too! I started for my husband and my bed but realized the cat would be sleeping on it. Wedding quilts for others have since taken precidence. I plan to finish it someday when the cat is no longer with us.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend whose cat recently died at the great old age of 21 years. I will complete it one day. As long as I stop starting new quilts that is.
DeleteI have this on my back burner project list too! I started for my husband and my bed but realized the cat would be sleeping on it. Wedding quilts for others have since taken precidence. I plan to finish it someday when the cat is no longer with us.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilt !!
ReplyDelete