Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

OMG May


Here is something that has my attention. Barbara Brackman's newest BOW  hexathon.
Now I cannot promise that I will actually do any of the hexies but I can follow along and enjoy the read each week. I have been wanting to do some hexagons for the past year or so and have collected some papers for the EPP technique. I even did a class when I was in Australia last year, just for the fun of it.

I sometimes I feel like a one armed paper hanger juggling all the things I have to do right now and quilting is high on that list, but I often get stuck and accomplish very little. However, I did finally submit my edited, revised and corrected manuscript to the publishers, and the back page info and the forward and the photos were found, scanned and submitted this morning. I feel so free and ready to start complete yet another project.

My One Monthly quilting Goal for May will be one simple 1857 block since I cannot blog about the other things I am working on.

1857 Block # 17 back basted ready to go

1857 Block # 17 ready to needle turn the edges of that stem.

Another goal for this month will be to complete one of the 3 courses I have been neglecting for  my doctorate. I figure 3 days of concentration and I should have the Intro to Psychology and Counseling done. The hard work is done, now to write a book report and a 3 page paper either agreeing with or disagreeing with an article that I both agree with and disagree with so it should be interesting to see what I finally come up with.

And because it is springtime and the grass is growing, I bought a new lawnmower today. Yesterday we took all 22 geranium plants outside to catch the rain. I fertilized them and will get them into their summer places. I have been overwintering some of them for 4-5 years and others for 8-10 and two for 20. What can I say? I love plants.

Blessings,
Chris

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And thanks for stopping in. I like your graduated crosses. The colours are lovely and you have so many sewn together so far.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, the work for your doctorate made me smile. You, go! That's so important. Your back basting photo helps me work a step closer to understanding exactly how that works. Thanks! desertskyquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies



    1. ChrisMay 3, 2016 at 7:00 PM

      Thanks for stopping by. The doctorate is self paced and I have been moving way to slow lately.
      Here is a tutorial for back basting done by Gay Bomers of Sentimental Stitches. She is the one who bought the antique quilt in ebay and is so generously giving the patterns for free on her website. Well, they are free for one month. There are 3 or 4 each month.

      http://sentimentalstitches.net/instructions/hand-applique/back-basting-tutorial-for-hand-applique/

      Delete
  3. Good luck. I'm going to check out the hexathon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been very busy... guess it's that time of year for those on the farm! Best wishes with juggling all of your projects!
    Thank you for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Chris! I am finally back on line and looking forward to reading your blog regularly again! Can't say as I am sewing much tho...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the link to the new Brackman QAL! I will follow along with it too. I hope you are making great progress with goals!

    ReplyDelete