Pages

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

2017 Dreams, Goals, Plans Progress

I have been looking at the year ahead making plans and setting goals. This is my list from a year ago. Let's see how I did.

Quilt Dreams (What I want to do)
  • Start 150 Canadian Women  Started in May. Got 6 blocks made and about 30 ready to stitch.
  • Start Stonefields    Gretchen and I discussed doing it together this Jan. This will  now have to wait until Jan 2019.
  • Start Caswell I wish.
  • Make significant progress on Morrell  Completed several foundation pieced saw toothed blocks. I plan to make some more of the 24 broderie perse blocks in 2018. Well, at least one.
  • Make progress on AWS  Completed 2 applique blocks. 
  • Complete to 100 blocks of Bright Jane  54 done so far and again plan to make more for the Rainbow Scrap challenge
  • Complete the rest of  BTCT blocks Finished 8 for a total of 18 completed. Working on 5 with 2 not yet started and I dream about the border. So looking forward to all those leaves and cherries but they will probably wait until 2019.
  • Complete Ben Biggs  In my dreams but it was on the 17 ufos list for November. I prepped the border swags and cut out a few corner buds but not much else. 
Goals (What I should do)
  • Complete doctorate. Still slowly working on book reports and outlines.
  • Complete 6 quilt tops. Completed 5.
  • Quilt 6 quilts. I have a few small flimys to practice on. Machine quilted 5 that I took to Poland.
  • Not write anymore goals. I keep writing lists is that the same thing?
Plans (What I did do)
  • Visit Poland for Easter    Done. It was amazing
  • Shipshewana Retreat November with Di Ford Hall.  Done, It was amazing. Retreat and room booked for April.
  • Do another Whole30 program to find out what foods are aggravating my hands.  Tried twice but only lasted 9 days each time.
  • Promote my book and sell enough copies to cover the cost of publishing.  Yes and not yet. Web site is finally up.   www.chrisczarnataforster.com 
  • Q@F quilt retreat at The Quilt Farm in spring.  No go.
  • Blog at least once a week   Been blogging several times each month. I took lots of time in June to put blocks up on the design wall, take pictures and write up posts for some of the 17 ufos for 2017  instead of real work then took the summer off because I took a mission trip to Rwanda Africa. It was more than amazing.    
Blessings, 
Chris

3 comments:

  1. Things have progressed so I think you did well......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m very glad you were willing to postpone Stonefields for a year. Hopefully I’ll finish enough UFQ’s in 2018 that I won’t feel guilty starting a new appliqué project. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. List making is an active form of goal setting. LOL!! You had a good 2017....working towards a doctorate is a big goal in itself. Congrats on that. :) :) I'm sure your sewing is a stress relief for you.

    ReplyDelete