Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Mid Winter Stitching

This was one of the first blocks I started back in March when
 Gay at sentimentalstitches 
invited us to join her in making this reproduction quilt from 1850 
called Dear Daughter. 
It was a wedding quilt for a family named Dunham. 
My husband's middle name is Dunham after his mother's family.
I tried several options for the corner details
but nothing seemed to want to go with that red Baltimore Album repro print. 
I finally cut out plain red hearts from block 37 and like it. 
I have only stitched on 2 blocks this month. 
Seriously. 
But I have to get it done for the big 90th birthday party next month. 
Just one more after this then I can start assembling the blocks. 


In the meantime,
 I wanted to work on some Dear Jane 2 blocks 
but 
could not find the bobbin case for my Featherweight. 
So
I went through all the boxes of stored small stuff and looked
and looked 
then found this when I was not looking. 
How did I miss it?
Those are bobbins for the Brother so did not expect to find it here since
the Brother lives on the other side of the room. 


And
I when I opened the baby food container I use to store really small stuff
when I wanted to use one of those tiny clips
I found this nestled in among the clips. 
However
that is a button hole presser foot 
and the 1/4 inch foot is still awal.


View from my window this morning. 


Blessings,
Chris

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate it when things go AWOL in the sewing room? Lots of time can be wasted hunting for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be a pretty block. Good luck getting the quilt finished in a month. I spend a lot of time looking for things too, it can get rather frustrating at times. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The view from your window is so peaceful and serene! We have really cold temperatures today for North Carolina but won't be seeing any snow. I love the red hearts on that block and I feel your pain for the missing tools in your sewing room! That's the worst, when you're all ready to sew and you can't find your tools.

    ReplyDelete