Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Slow Stitching Frenzy

I have been stitching like mad the past few days to get my OMG goal met. I still have to sew a border onto the Almost Amish Double Irish Chain and I have been reading and doing course work.



This Beyond the Cherry Trees block has traveled around with me over the years. It was in Benington with me to see the original Jane Stickle quilt in Oct 2015 and appeared at the Shipshewana Retreat 2 weeks ago.
Not much left to complete it. There will be a bit of embroidery to connect those top flowers to the stem. There are yet 2 buds missing, but I think they may be missing permanently. Still have to stitch down the white center. Check back later to see what it will look like. 




This was one of the first blocks I started nearly 5 years ago but it kept hiding at the bottom of the block pile waiting for me to figure out those tulips. I think I might just leave them simple as they are. After all, there are other simple blocks in the pattern.
Still have the white centers to complete and there will be tiny green circles. Just a warm-up for the 200 cherries that will be in the border. Only 2 more blocks to go to complete all 25 blocks.







Blessings,
Chris

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful applique blocks. I would have loved to see the Jane Stickle Quilt, maybe one of these days. I finished mine in 2003.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i had made that quilt years ago, so pretty. But, applique is a very slow process celebrating each finished block is well deserved. Whether its finished exactly as the pattern or tweaked here or there doesn't matter

    ReplyDelete
  3. 200?!?! cherries?!?! That's a lot of little circles to make!
    Lovely blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any progress is good. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete