I am back from my blogging break over the summer.
I was racking my brain trying to figure out if I had a ufo that would lend itself to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and I came up with this one. I wrote about it last year. You can read that here.
I started with the yellow because most of these blocks were already partly sewn together. It is a good thing because I would have had much difficulty trying to figure out how the pieces went together.
And, since pink was July's colour, I sewed these up next. They were also partly sewn together.
I am making 2 squares of each colour. The colours really are much brighter than they look in the pictures here.
The August colour was light blue. I just sewed together all the blue shades except midnight blue and black. They were way too dark to show up against that black theme fabric.
So far, I am happy with all these. I certainly hope September's colour will be purple because I have all the purple half square triangles already sewn together. This will be a busy month for us here at the Farm and we will be making a trip to the Big E in Springfield Massachusetts at the end of the month.
Twenty-eight down and only 72 more to go.
Blessings,
Chris
linking to: peacock party
finished-or-not-finished-friday.
moving-it-forward.
Welcome back... and that's a terrific RSC project to get going on!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a relaxing summer. The BIG E is so much fun! Love visiting the state houses and sampling the yummy specialties! Pretty blocks for the RSC.
ReplyDeleteThose are great blocks for the RSC! It looks like your dark fabric will go with every color.
ReplyDeletePairing a fun print with all of those solids was a really good idea! Perfect fit for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
ReplyDeleteThat is a really great block! With all the color variation you will have fun putting it together!
ReplyDeleteLooking good, soon all the blocks will be a quilt. In stitches
ReplyDelete