Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2020

20 Machine Quilting Goals for 2020

My track record for completing UFOs is rather small. But if I work on each of them a little, then they will all move a bit closer to completion. Or so I tell myself.

I thought I would like to focus on my machine quilting skills. I took a 2-day workshop with Sue Patten in October and invested in a couple of her favourite rulers. She designs rulers and her son has set up a business making and selling them.

So, in no particular order, here are some goals to practice my machine quilting skills on my domestic Brother machine in the coming year. Some of these are either in the flimsy stage or already sandwiched ready to quilt. Others are obvious prep work.
  1. Adhere grips onto rulers
  2. Wind bobbins
  3. Clean Brother machine
  4. Clean Bernina machine
  5. Practice ruler work on class sample from workshop in Oct
  6. Angela Walters Freemotion QAL
  7. Disappearing Nine-Patch
  8. Disappearing Four-Patch
  9. Country Bride 2 appliqued blocks
  10. Country Bride 2 plain blocks
  11. Country Bride 2 borders
  12. Butterflies
  13. 1857 Sampler outline blocks and corner leaves
  14. 1857 Sampler quilt blocks
  15. Dear Jane sashing
  16. Dear Jane blocks
  17. Dear Jane borders 
  18. Quilt Ellyse's I-Spy quilt
  19. Quilt Devan's I-Spy quilt. 
  20. Teach Ava to machine quilt her quilt. 
Maybe my goals for 2021 can be to bind all these quilts.
Blessings,
Chris

3 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds ambitious. Good luck with the machine quilting on your domestic !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Quite a lofty list of goals.... working a little at a time will get them done. Are you waiting for the warmth to come so you can use the longarm or will this be on your regular machine? I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. I should watch a few video's on it and see what it involves..... I saw a few when I was researching how to do the baptist fans. It was intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be on my domestic machine. I wanted the list to have 20 so got creative.

      Delete