Pages

Friday, January 24, 2020

Soon But Not Yet

So after obsessing for the past 5 months about starting the Ella Maria Deacon Quilt and purchasing the patterns each month and preparing background fabric and sorting through countless reproduction fabrics as well as printing off foundation patterns and applique placement sheets, I have decided to not get too far ahead of myself. I am still embroidering stems onto cherry borders and want to complete this first. Also, I have been making small green blocks for my Bright Jane quilt. I am not making all the original Dear Jane blocks again, but I am making some simpler basic blocks as well as some of the Tiny Tuesday blocks from Soscrappy's 2019 RSC sampler blocks. I am having fun again. These are my green blocks for RSC this month.


Wonder what the colour will be for Feb? It's Orange!
Blessings,
Chris
quiltingismorefunthanhousework.  wednesday-wait-loss-156

14 comments:

  1. Your green blocks are lovely! They’re such a happy collection. Angela said February is going to be orange, so as we wrap up green we can begin to pull the oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to mix the Tiny Tuesday blocks with Bright Janes! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange is the colour for Feb and I have my fabrics and patterns all ready to go.

      Delete
  3. Those are such pretty blocks! I'm looking forward to seeing your Bright Jane quilt progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE your little GREEN blocks for the RSC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your beautiful little green blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright Jane is such a good idea, and these are great blocks in terrific fabrics. Glad you're having fun--isn't that what this is all about?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely green blocks! It makes me wish spring was here right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are having fun again. Sometimes all our best laid plans need to be put on the back burner and just do as the mood strikes us. Your bright green blocks are so cheerful and fun. I hope some bright orange are able to join in the fun on that one. Love the kaleidoscope and baby churn dash blocks. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty green blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the green and brights was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't imagine making two Dear Jane quilts but I'm loving this bright version. With the addition of the Tiny Tuesday blocks you'll have a unique and lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete