Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Quilt-In @Farm Today

We had our first Quilt-In @ Farm and it was a lot of fun. I think 5 of us, if I can remember, joined in on facebook and chatted and stitched. Two were not able to join in because they did not have camera options on their devices. Must get that sorted out for next week. Yes, we will do it again next week but just for the morning. And all of us with little children at home had them visit us throughout the day.

I did some hand stitching prep work for several blocks for the Ella Maria Deacon QAL.
I am calling it Ella for short.

This pattern is from Gay at sentimentalstitches.
Four block patterns are released every month on the 15th and they cost $2.50 US.



I also am hand piecing this block for the Hand Piecing QAL book-club.

This is as far as I got with Louisa today.
I have lots to keep my hands occupied for Kathy's slow-sunday-stitching. and Monday and Tues and Wed and probably even Friday.

Blessings,
Chris

linking with:
quiltingismorefunthanhousework. design-wall-monday.  needleandthreadnetwork.  wednesday-wait-loss.  midweek-makers.  myquiltinfatuation.
wendysquiltsandmore. off-wall-friday

11 comments:

  1. How nice you and your friends were able to sew together. The fabric you're using for sashing Ella is perfect! Enjoy your slow stitching or are you machine appliqueing Ella?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These blocks are all prepped for needle turned hand applique.

      Delete
  2. Love your Ella fabrics. I finished up my blocks last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was tempted by Ella, but knew I'd never keep up. I'll happily watch your progress instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SEW glad that you were able to "meet-up" with your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess my comment from this morning did not go through! It was so 'fun' to see you all yesterday. Your Louisa block is so pretty and lots of prep work got done on Ella. I have yet to touch a needle today, but I have been doing some crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wonders of modern technology are wonderful aren't they. How fun it would be to chat and stitch on Facebook with the other ladies. Those Ella blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to have stitching friends to connect through the computer!
    Great job on Ella and Louisa... fun how these projects are named after women!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My quilting bee did the same thing via Zoom conference last week and it was wonderful to connect with my "chatty Cathy" quilter friends for an hour of near-normalcy! We're looking forward to doing it again on Monday. Both your Ella and your Louisa are looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I host a sew in on Facebook every Saturday. It's been wonderful to connect, even without video. Love that you got to do that with your friends. Thanks for sharing your projects on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete