Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2020

OMG Quilting Goal October 2020


I was looking for a fresh blade for my cutter the other day. This is what I found. I guess I must have really wanted to do fussy cutting for tiny hexies or something to have purchased no less than 4 of those tiny cutters. And lots of extra blades. But the one I was looking for was the next size up. I found only one replacement blade for that one. 

Then, 

I found yet another tiny cutter in another box.


I did not get my Sept OMG goal. I could have but just did not. It was to complete the applique on 5 Ella Blocks. I will continue to put in a few hand stitches here and there.

My October OMG  will be to play catch up with the 3030 Quilt blocks.  We are on week 18 of 30. I really like working with these colours. It is so different from the colours I have been using the past few years. So fresh. So pretty. 





No promises how many I will get made. Just making more. 

Linking with Patty at one-monthly-goal-


blessings, 

Chris

needleandthreadnetwork. midweek-makers-  wednesday-wait loss-  myquiltinfatuation. boms-away wendysquiltsandmore.  fortheloveofgeese. ninamariesayre.off-wall.  link-party-patchwork-quilts-

15 comments:

  1. Great collection of cutters and blades there. Pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five small cutters? LOL! Enjoyed looking at your BTCT, was wondering what you will put in the the center block? Your name and the year? Its lovely, laughed at the boys putting pepperoni on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed, you have a lot of fabric cutters and your blocks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blocks, lovely fabrics. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty blocks and an impressive collection of cutters and blades.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel transported by those gentle pastel calico fabrics in your blocks.

    Some people stock up on food, water and first aid equipment, just in case. Clearly you know the importance of having sufficient rotary cutters and replacement blades. Nothing worse than a dull blade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are equipped to survive the Covid confinement, lol. Love your pretty blocks. They do look so fresh. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful colors! Have a wonderful and very productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Chris -- I have a whole drawer full of rotary cutters and spare blades, just like you! Although I don't think I have four of the little ones. I just have multiples of the 45 mm and 60 mm sizes. Your piecing and appliqué is lovely. I didn't finish my September goal, either, and I haven't set one yet for October.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you have a lot of cutters ;) Lovely Ella blocks
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We quilters can appreciate your display of rotary blades and cutters. They look tasty to be honest! There is nothing like a new tool or new blade either.

    Your 3030 quilt will be lovely. No worries on not finishing September goal. I didn't either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my, that's a lot of blades and cutters! Now I don't feel so bad with the 6 or so I have! Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. visiting from FNWF. Your 3030 blocks are so pretty.....they remind me of nostalgic flour bag colors. Golly you should have what you need in rotary cutters for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! I'm laughing at that rotary cutter collection. I often buy the same thing more than once. I think it's my subconscious trying to tell me something's important. Anyway, you are clearly prepared for any contingency. Those 3030 blocks are so pretty! You'll have fun making more. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you sure do have a lot of rotary cutters!! Thanks for thinking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete