Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2021

First Slow Sunday Stitching 2021

It is a new year and time to get busy accomplishing some of the 50 goals I have set for 2021. Today I will do some hand stitching on yet another 50th Anniversary Quilt aka Ella block.  


I had prepped quite a few in the fall that are not yet complete and there are a few new ones I haven't yet considered how to approach them. 
I could take the easy route (no surprise) and work on this one. 





Or this one.

So far I have 12 blocks complete, 9 appliques on the go, leaving another 29 blocks not yet started. The deadline is Aug 7. Well, the anniversary is Aug 7, but I should get this thing complete and quilted before then, 
assuming that we can gather in groups of more than 50 by then.



This is the block I competed New Year's Eve while stitching along with Chooky and friends. I also spend a couple of hours tearing off the foundation papers from 10 blocks I sewed up earlier in the week. Not my favourite job but done for now. 


Linking with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching. and boms-away.
Blessings,

Chris

6 comments:

  1. They are great projects to be working on, I love the anniversary quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks! I sure hope we can be in larger groups than 50 by late summer. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a lovely block you made sewing with us.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that flowery print! Your applique blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blocks! Good luck on reaching your goal! Happy Stitching and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful blocks. I especially love that broderie perse you've got going on!

    ReplyDelete