Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Fussy Cutting

 

Oh My Goodness!! I am in love with fussy cutting! I pulled a few bins of reproduction scraps out and am fussy cutting elongated hexies for my Lucy project. I think I will keep cutting bits and bobs for a while before committing to final placement for these Patchwork Of the Crosses by Lucy Boston. This is a project I got coerced into starting back in December by my zoom friend Chooky. I work on it during online meetings and quilt friend gatherings. 

This is my Slow Sunday Stitching project for today. 

Blessings,

Chris 

quiltfabrication.midweek-makers-

katiemaequilts.boms-away-

smallquiltsanddollquilts./design-wall-monday-

inquiringquilter.wednesday-wait-loss-262

17 comments:

  1. Your project looks so pretty - what a nice combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect project for online gatherings! Love that reproduction purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Lucy Q will be stunning. While you're excited about a project is the best time to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to look amazing. Fussy cutting can be addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous project to work on during zooming. Happy quilting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fussy cutting is fun, isn't it? Love those sweet hexies you have prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like lots of fun Chris. Hehe I'm not surprised Chooky coerced you into starting Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fussy cutting for your Lucy block...
    I am often tempted to do Lucy but have bought book/papers for La Passacaglia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was fussy cutting for a quilt....now don't even know where I put what I cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such fun! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking great! I must admit I don't really have the patience for fussy cutting, so I admire you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. fussy cutting is an addiction..........I look at fabric differently now.......you can get some really cool effects......have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some of those reproduction fabrics seem just right for fussy cutting. Is it because they're more details than more modern prints, or because the motifs are isolated, or . . . ? I'm looking forward to seeing some of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete