Lucy is showing signs of progress. I will make 5 more cross blocks. I have to prep a few more pieces to complete them. Then, I need to figure out how I want to do the outside edges. I have lots of sashing units prepped. I sewed them together by machine. I do want to get this completed soon.
I plan to put a border print around the outside to grow it. Now to locate that. I had it in my hands a month ago. Shouldn't be too far away. This will be machine quilted. Will I do it myself? I guess it depends on how big it will be when done.
In the meantime, Stonefields has not been neglected. In preparation for our cruise back in Nov/Dec, I cut out lots more hexies for the Stonefields border. Over New Years, the Chookshed Stitchers got together for 2 days of hanging out and stitching. I spent part of the time machine zig zagging hexie flowers together. I sewed the flying geese borders together. Then I got the fabric ready for the outer border.
I am so looking forward to seeing how this is going to look. My OMG goal will be to have the 4 hexie borders all prepped and possibly some machine appliqued down.Blessings,
Chris
Linking with: inquiringquilter.wednesday-wait-loss-466
I love Lucy!
ReplyDeleteLucy is looking stunning. How many more main blocks? Exciting to see Stonefields progress too.
ReplyDeleteLucy is looking beautiful x
ReplyDeleteDo you have the Stonefield blocks completed already? If they are, you can get this top completed this year!
ReplyDeleteLucy is beautiful and Stonefields is making great progress!
ReplyDeleteBoth quilts are gorgeous. Thanks for linking up.
ReplyDeleteLucy is looking so good. I hope you find your fabric soon. Have fun with Stonefield.
ReplyDeleteloving that lucy! coming along nicely...
ReplyDeleteLucy is looking great and good luck with the progress on Stonefield.
ReplyDeleteLucy is gorgeous already!
ReplyDeleteIt is all lovely! I'm visiting from Off the Wall Friday. I'd love to have you join the Sew & Tell party each week at Melva Loves Scraps. Blessings! <3
ReplyDeleteLucy is a stunner already!!! I'm impressed with your progress on Stonefield!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects
ReplyDeleteThat quilt is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOoohhh loving your Lucy...especially the blue block second from bottom on the right with the "frame" around...cool fussy cutting...
ReplyDeleteLucy is quite the stunner!! So glad she is making an appearance ;-)
ReplyDeleteLucy is so pretty! Can't wait to see her with that border. Great progress on Stonefields! It must have been such fun to sew with friends over the holidays. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/01/07/wednesday-wait-loss-466