Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

CCCQ #4

 I joined the Chester County Criswell Quilt Block of the Month at the beginning of year 2  which put me a whole 12 blocks behind, so, I figured that I could make 1 1/2 blocks per month and still finish when the final block is revealed somewhere around July 2015. Yeah, right. This month I completed block #9 and gave it away to my 88 year old aunt who helped me stitch on it. I had #1 partly stitched up and gave it to an artistic cousin  in Poland who got really excited about it. I am still working on the squigglies on block #13. AND, I have completed block #4.

Those little reverse appliqued  squigglies have really challenged me. I ironed freezer paper to the back of the block and basted it to the background. I then needle turned the edges under using a #10 milliners needle. I like the longer needle for turning under as it is easier for these arthritic fingers to manipulate successfully. However, the seam allowances were a bit too scant and it was challenging to turn under enough fabric without raw edges peeking out. Also, the freezer paper was not sticking therefore some of them were moving.

I took 7 threaded needles to Poland with me and came home with 2. One I gave to my cousin along with the spool of matching thread. I am sure the others will show up somewhere.

Blessings,
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Some of the CCCQ blocks are challenging but yours look great. You are a very generous person to share your efforts with your family. I'm sure you'll catch up again.

    ReplyDelete