Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Oct 1, 2013 New Quilt Project
Its Oct 1, 2013 and a very good day to begin a new quilt project. I have SSSSSOOOOO many fabrics left over from my Dear Jane quilt that I am planning to use them to make my very first ever reproduction quilt that I am drafting from a colour picture of a quilt that was started . . . now wait for it . . .
Oct 1, 1813.
Can you tell I am a history buff?
and a bit left brained.
I really like doing the drafting and figuring out how a quilt goes together. Copyright forbids me taking a photo and posting it so we shall see how this unfolds in the coming weeks.
These are the first ones that will go through the Go cutter and YES, I bought the whole bolt of the background fabric several years ago in preparation for a Baltimore quilt that is UFO # 32 but who is counting? It is another one that looks aged and stained. With my track record in doing laundry, I probably could take some unbleached muslin out to the barn and wrap a cow in it for a few days then wash it and it just might be the right colour.
Blessings,
Chris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment