Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day 2013

It's a quiet Christmas Day here at the Farm. Since I am officially retired, I no longer have to get up early to milk cows and rush home quickly after the family dinner to do the night time milking. My Sweetie is  just now doing the evening chores. The cows still need to be fed and milked twice a day. His brother and niece are both on tonight so they can get done early.
Tomorrow we go to our son's house to celebrate with his wife and 3 little girls. Our daughter and her husband are flying in from New Brunswick so we will all be together.Even Great Grandma will be there for 4 generations to celebrate the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Some my siblings that live nearby will be joining all of us here at the Farm for a turkey dinner Saturday. It will be simple but a lot of fun. One of my brothers works in a chocolate factory so maybe, just maybe . . . 


CCCQ #2

I completed this block yesterday. It was  much simpler than some. Have I said how much I am enjoying working on these Chester County Criswell Quilt blocks? I think part of the charm is there are so few pieces on each block and colour selection is simplified as I am using just reds and greens from various civil war collections.






 CCCQ #11 
                                                                               
I had originally pinned all these pieces to the wrong side of the background square. This time I started with just the lyre and stitching around the outside first, then the very center opening. I wanted to make sure I got all those openings centered nicely, so did the outside 2. I tried so carefully to cut right through the middle of those skinny strips.


And I got it right first try.

However,
I stitched the first leaf facing out instead of in.
So, now I have to decide if I am going to stitch the rest facing out or be a rebel and have them going in different directions?
Decisions. Decisions.
Time to make supper for my Sweet Farmer. Tonight it is steak. And since I offered to take dessert tomorrow, I guess I will go and make up a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Duncan Hines has a great mix.
Christmas Blessings,
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, Your blocks look great! and the dinner (and cake) sound wonderful too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete