Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Winter Ice Storm

This is the view from the west window of my quilt room today. I heard the crack and watched as this 5 inch thick ancient lilac tree an arm's length from the house broke under the weight of the ice early this morning. A few hours later I had the window open to listen for the wind chimes and heard and again watched as the top of one of the big ole pine trees on the left broke off. Several other large limbs lay scattered around the yard. My husband had to take the tractor out to  move broken limbs from the old maples so the milk truck could get in the lane. And to think that winter only arrived yesterday.
I spent part of the day working on a CCCQ block. Power flicked off several times for a few seconds. Enough to mess up the clocks, printer, CD player, microwave, etc. At least we had power all day. Many will be without for a couple of days.
My granddaughter had slept over and we did make chocolate cupcakes. I gave her her Christmas present today and she is starting her very first ever quilt. I know I can teach her to start one, but can I teach her to finish it? I was telling her to pick 2 squares from the Giggles layer cake that were different colours and different designs to, you know, balance the layout.
She says, "Gramma." (in that certain tone) "It's my quilt isn't it? I will choose which colours to put together." She is 6.
Forgot to take a picture.
Christmas Blessings
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment