I had completed all the blocks back in June and started joining all the rows end of July, then discovered that I had sewn the top 2 rows on reversed and then I took a month sabbatical from quilting which lasted 19 days then stitched up half a corner kite at a retreat and finally picked it up Tues and got all the rows connected.
There is something about this quilt that keeps me looking at it on the wall, maybe gloating is a better word. I am itching to start on the bright DJ but must first finish this one. Only 40 triangles and 3 1/2 corner kites to go.
I love your Dear Jane and of course you would want to admire such an achievement. All the best for getting the triangles finished.
ReplyDeleteThanks Carole.
ReplyDeleteI love your choice of colors, it really suits the dear Jane blocks. Are you going to make a second one after it is finished? I guess once you get into the swing of the little blocks it's hard to stop...
ReplyDeleteI started with the Dear Jane collection of fat quarters then bought several Civil War fat quarter collections. I didn't use them all b/c I found a shop in Buffalo New York that specialized in CW fabrics and I went there several times over the past 3 years when they had them all on for 25% off . . . love those sales . . . then bought the Dear Jane 2 collection . . . I was buying all the fabrics and kitting up the blocks for the 6 other girls making the quilt along with me . . . we had decided together to do the civil war colours and each block was to be a different colour . . . needless to say, I have a LOT of left overs . . . of course I am going to make another one . . . it is addictive . . . I have my project box all ready with brights that I bought over the summer . . .its winter time here in Canada right now . . . I have to behave myself and complete this one first. . . sigh.
Delete