I only got to see the overtime part and it was stellar!! Canada was behind 2-0 to the Americans until the final 3 minutes when they tied it up and went into overtime. So Canada's women's hockey team wins Olympic gold for the 4th time in a row.
I was on a long distance call with my daughter in New Brunswick making plans to fly out to see her next month and she gave me a play by play of the last minutes of the game. She does not play hockey but has been on bed rest for 2 months with nearly 4 months to go in her first and high risk pregnancy. My son on the other hand, had his whole yard crew watching the game at work. His family and in laws all play hockey and I babysit every Sunday night while they play. He also referees several nights a week.
Come to think of it, my husband played hockey for years after we got married. Our kids grew up playing outdoor pond hockey. I grew up watching Hockey Night in Canada in the '60s doing homework.
Why is hockey so much more important to Canadians than most any other sport? Canada has already won gold in women's curling, men's snow boarding and women's bobsledding but who's counting?
Hockey is a Canadian sport. End of discussion.
No comments:
Post a Comment