It is now 5 months since I started blogging and am really loving it.
I love the writing, the editing, the pictures,
but especially connecting with quilters and bloggers around the world.
However, as I am still quite new to all this,
I am wondering why I can post a comment on some blogs and not on others.
I have tried to reply to comments made on my posts
and to read the blogs of those posting,
but cannot leave a comment so often.
Sigh.
Two friends were telling me the other day that they read my blogs
and have tried posting a comment
but were not successful.
What do I need to correct all this?
I know that I am a no-reply blogger
because I asked specifically in a comment I made.
I have tried following the directions to change that but have not been successful so far.
In the meantime,
I will continue posting 2-3 times a week,
although I would love to post 2-3 times a day,
but alas,
I have stuff to do other than blogging.
I have discovered that I have actually gotten more quilting done
since I started blogging.
Is it because I have an audience encouraging my efforts?
Or is it because I have an audience to boast about my efforts?
Blessings,
Chris
I find the same thing if I am reading some blogs with Bloglovin'. The solution is to go to the bar at the top and click on the grey "x" in the top right corner. That seems to change the status/format of the post in some way and you can then leave a comment. Of course I have no idea why this works Lol ...but it does!
ReplyDeleteHilda
it seems like it is different depending on how you follow a blog - below where I leave a comment on your blog is a box that has numerous settings - I select google as I have a google account that lets me leave a comment on your blog. There are some blogs though that I have not been able to leave a comment but if I really want to I search there blog to see if they have a e mail address and leave them a comment via email.
ReplyDeleteThankyou . . . this is very helpful
ReplyDeleteHi Chris, I would suggest that you will need to edit your User Profile so that you are no longer a no-reply blogger. Use Blogger help or search for the answer on a Google. I've just realised that is why you haven't received/replied to my emails about our CCCQ block swap!
ReplyDeleteI have been trying without success . . . what is an APP??? and why am I so scared of it?
DeleteI am not a cell phone user and do not understand the lingo
Carole you can reach me at
Deleteholycow1952@live.ca OR grammakiss@gmail.com
I will try to get someone in the know to help me change my profile.
Great! I've sent an email to your gmail address :)
Delete