This arrived into my inbox today a couple of days early so I have it prepped and ready to needleturn by hand. I like doing hand work even though it takes a while to get a block done.
 |
| CCCQ #19 |
I like to take several blocks along when I travel. That will happening in less than 3 weeks from now when I fly out to the east coast to visit my daughter for 2 weeks. Before then, I get to babysit both of the little girls together at the same time for several days. Not done that before. I usually get them one at a time. Devan is 9 months now and she comes over 2-3 days a week and Elly just turned 2. She usually comes to the farm if she is sick, otherwise she goes to day care every day. But march Break is coming and the daycare will be closed. I wonder if they are ready to try out the 2 antique toy sewing machines that I have here in the quilt room? Am I ready to bring either of them into the quilt room? Ava started "quilting" on the toy Singer machine when she was 3. She is now 6 and using the Bernina since it has needle down and 1/2 speed as well as fun embroidery stitches. She is going ice fishing with Daddy. She loves that. Got her own fishing poles. One for ice fishing and another for summer fishing.
Blessings,
Chris
That will be a striking block. Your grand-daughters are lucky to have you and that you are willing to take them into your studio. Wishing you much fun!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I feel I am lucky to have them and they live so close. My daughter is expecting her first and I will not get to see that one too often living so far away. One of my sisters has her 2 grand children living in Korea and they visit by Skype most evenings.
DeleteSafe travels Chris, this is a beautiful block, I always like to take some sewing with me too, but often never get around to doing anything!
ReplyDelete