Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

40 Bags in 40 Days

I have 2 friends on facebook who took the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge for Lent.  Here is the link .
I have been following their progress and thinking of a hundred reasons why I can't do the same. One friend is a full time high school teacher. The other is a full time mom of 2 preschoolers. I am retired. How difficult should it be for me to find time each day to de-clutter and de-crapify one area in my house? Other than I have a bad hip and standing on my feet for 2 minutes in a row is a challenge.

We  live in a very big house. It is an 1840's farm house and has many rooms, including 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, 1 back kitchen, 1living room, 1 quilt room and 1 laundry room. It also had 2 hallways and 3 sets of stairs. One stairway leads to the basement. I shutter to think about these 2 rooms. There is 1000 square feet of dirt floor and when it rains, well, lets just say we do not need a sump pump. If we put in track lights we could have a hydroponic garden down there. One stairway leads to the 1880's addition which has 2 guest rooms and a bathroom, ever ready for guests and a place to display quilts. The third stairway leads to the main upstairs.

So, this challenge is not about cleaning but about de-cluttering and getting rid of stuff that has accumulated over the years. Ouch! I have been in the house for nearly 43 years and the house has been in the family for over 100 years.

Day 1 will be Monday April 7, 2014.  game-plan
Oh, wait. The accountant is coming to do the farm taxes that day.

Blessings,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment