Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Beyond The Cherry Trees Fabric

I figure that if I am going to spend the next 2 years or so hand appliqueing then hand quilting Beyond The Cherry Trees, then I better find a lot of green that I can live with. And so I did.


 I found Hobby Lobby for the first time and remembered to take along a couple of coupons and bought 11 yards of Kona Snow for the background. These are some of the colours that I will be using. A bit of French General. A bit of Primitive Gatherings. That solid green looks a bit bright beside all the rest.
Now to decide if I should prewash all the fabrics. 



And just to make sure I have enough, I bought the rest of the bolt of the green. About 12 yards. This will be more than enough to reproduce this green and white antique quilt that hung in Mary's Quilt Shop if I should forget all the work I have to do and impulsively make it.


 

In the meantime, Dear Jane is coming along nicely toward the finish line.

Blessings,
Chris

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to be starting something new! I love the time and thought that you spend in matching and choosing the fabrics for a project -- finding a bit in your stash, and taking a snip to the store to fine a new piece or two or three to "go with"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics and a fantastic project! Can't wait to see your DJ again!

    ReplyDelete