Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

DJ Triangles, Raking Lawn and Rare Find


These are the triangles I have for the top row. Only 3 more to complete it.


1840's Farm House

In the meantime it has turned very warm outside and yard cleanup is the first thing. I have been raking the yard and cleaning off the flowerbeds around our 1840's farm house for 42 years now. Last Fall I dug up some not-yet-frozen spots to plant spring bulbs. Well, when I was raking in front of that lower window I found a coin. It is 1 3/8 inch wide.
It is made of copper and on one side it says   One Penny Token
1842. Wonder what I should do with it since we no longer use pennies in Canada.



 One Penny 1842

7 comments:

  1. Check with a coin dealer. Who knows it might be worth something

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the value in the "worth" of it or in the having of it? I think I would drill a hole in it and buy a nice chain and wear it around my neck now and then... Love the triangles, so much work and detail in that project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. found one on ebay starting at $25 and another at $12.
    I like the idea that it is the same age as the house.
    Its not for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you are using here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your Dear Jane!! These are beautiful blocks! And what a terrific find... I would find a prominent spot and carve the shape and size of the penny and embed it wood... perhaps a newel post?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Dear Jane is coming along beautifully. What a treasure to discover! I do hope you keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your DJ and the story of finding the coin. I am a bit sentimental, and I would keep it for the story :)

    ReplyDelete