Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Ben Biggs 6 & 7

One of my July Quilting Goals was to prep these 2 blocks for the free  Benjamin Biggs quilt block of the month from Sentimental Stitches and Dear Jane. I have no intentions of doing the machine applique at this time. But who knows.
Ben Biggs # 6
 I wondered why I had not prepped these blocks earlier, aside from being away for most of the month of June. Then it dawned on me . . . I had not preshrunk and cut all the background fabric when I first started it. I had made sure that I had enough then proceeded to cut out 6 squares. Dah . . . I had messed up block #1 and restarted then found a square with a red line flaw on it. Maybe I could strategically place a leaf or bug on it at some point. 

Ben Biggs # 7

When I was collecting fabric and supplies in anticipation of making the Love Entwined 1790's Marriage Coverlet last summer, I wanted a light table that was big enough for the center which is about 30 inches square. I found this table with 4 wicker chairs on kijiji. I was using it upstairs as a writing table but found it awkward to keep moving aside the books and carrying my squares up and down. So today I had it brought down to the hall just outside my quilt room and took the 6 foot table that was here upstairs. It was one of those tasks that I thought about doing for months and finally cleared them both off and got my husband to help. After all, I drove tractor for him for 3 days this past week. 
Now on to goal # 6 . . . complete Dear Jane . . . only 16 triangles left and one is half done.

Blessings,
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Chris, These blocks look SOOO beautiful! I have also been collecting the patterns for Ben Biggs patterns but have not started any of them. Not sure when I might do it. Still trying to get caught up on CCC for now. Your blocks are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete