Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Gramma's Bag

I have a bag always ready to take when I go babysitting my little girl grand babies when I am home.
When 2 1/2 year old Elly sees me come in with the bag, she starts crying "Mommy, Mommy!" This is standard procedure to make Mommy feel guilty  for going out and playing hockey with Daddy and the other grandparents. Now 14 month old Devan is imitating her sister and throwing in a few tantrums. It's awesome.



My bag has an Ott light with a long extension cord, a bag of hand applique and often a book to read or my journal to write in. Some nights I have 2-3 hours to myself on a school night, but it was Friday night and the girls got to stay up a bit later. Six year old Ava dished out ice cream after reading all the labels to find one that did not say "may contain nuts" since she has a peanut allergy. She settled for Neapolitan after tasting a spoonful to make sure her tongue did not get fuzzy. Elly climbed onto my lap and asked what I was doing.   Now I know better than to discourage her so I started telling her that I was stitching. Can I help? she asks and proceeds to start removing the tiny applique pins holding all the perfectly placed leaves yet to be stitched down. I am so enjoying hand appliqueing these Beyond the Cherry Trees blocks.
 
BTCT # 8
I hope I picked up all the pins.
Blessings,
Chris

11 comments:

  1. Such a helpful little Ellie!! Thanks for the smile!
    Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, cute story, Chris! And the block looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I hope you got all those pins too! Some use glue, but I still use pins too! I love the fabrics you are using. That is such a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful memory you are making with Ellie. She will always remember helping you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Gramma's bag sounds like my survival bag! I like to leave my survival bag in the car and it always has some handwork along with a book because you never know when you will be stranded somewhere and need something to do. I might have to add in the light and extension cord like you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tonight Elly removed all the rest of the pins and I did find 2 on the table that missed the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful applique I am sure every time you see that block it will bring a smile to your face as you remember all the help you had!

    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a kind grand-ma! And your appliqué is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grandkids to fill some hours is such a special gift! I envy all you wonderful grammas, a job that i shall not likely experience....

    ReplyDelete