Three and a half year old Elly tried out Gramma's sharp scissors for the first time. I was so proud of her. I did not have my camera along to document the journey. Too bad. I gave her a scrap of red fabric and, using both hands, she cut it into a thousand tiny pieces then picked up every one that fell onto the family room carpet. In the meantime, two year old Devan was content to take all the pins out of my applique square. I counted before to make sure I go them all back. She picked up all the ones that fell onto the carpet. Then she put away all her princess toys and informed me that the tiny cup belonged in the lego box. Now I know.
| CCCQ # 31 |
| CCCQ # 12 |
Babysitting at their house now includes the dog who is not supposed to be on the couch, but I'm not going to tell him that. He ended up laying at my feet for 3 hours as I sat up to the new kitchen counter on a stool to do some serious stitching and even wrote a few pages of notes for various projects that I have been neglecting. That's where the light was best.
Summer's almost over and the cricketts are singing Blessings,
Chris
These are looking so pretty and you are in the home stretch now. Just a few more evenings of babysitting and you'll have them finished. Besides crickets we have cicadas and katydids and who knows what other insects. In the evening the whole group sings us to sleep.
ReplyDeleteIt dipped down to a refreshing 52F overnight and the 2 little girls showed up last night for another sleep over.
DeleteLove the cheddar!
ReplyDeleteNice block. I think that the cheddar was a grand choice.
ReplyDeleteI have so many different reds moving to a pink and rusty orange so thought this might work ok.
DeleteAnother pretty block finished... the countdown is on toward the end of the block construction phase!
ReplyDeletethank you. I trimmed all the blocks yesterday.
DeleteCheddar looks good here too.
ReplyDeleteI don't think there was any cheddar in the original, but I am using it in 2 blocks.
DeleteWhat a lovely block. My grands love the pincushions too! They like to rearrange all the pins into designs :)
ReplyDeleteI was not using a pin cushion, just the pins in the block. But that is a good idea.
DeleteI am so far behind on my blog reading, but perhaps if I read back aways I will figure out what you are putting together! This summer has just been way to warm for me!
ReplyDeleteSome days I just sit here and read blogs all day but then I don't get anything done. I am getting close to completing this CCCQ quilt that i started 2 years ago as a BOM. It's good to hear from you.
DeleteSeems like you got a lot done with your helpers around. Love the block with the cheddar, it turned out beautifully.
ReplyDeleteI get to spend another evening with my little helpers tonight. I am going to take 2 pin cushions.
DeleteI adore the block and it's wonderful to hear that you're passing on your love of creating. As for dogs on couches....I have two large dogs, well 1 and 1/2 (5 months old). They're on the couch so much I'm thinking I'll have to buy one just for us.
ReplyDeletehe is a labradoodle pup and quite big.
DeleteVery pretty block.seems you are enjoying working on your appliqué.
ReplyDeleteBunny
Thank you I am enjoying it. I am really looking forward to completing the thing because I have 3-4 others I want to start.
DeleteIt all looks nice! Love the cheddar too!
ReplyDeletethank you. The cheddar is growing on me.
DeleteLove the cheddar, what a great block
ReplyDelete