Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

And Still More Work On CCCQ

This is what I have been working on for the past 2 days. I listened to no less than 9 lectures and kept my hands busy as well as doing the required test for the Ethics course I am presently working on.
I did not like working with this particular fabric. It was hard to see the stitching lines that I drew on with a frixion pen and the fabric is quite soft and moved around more than others I have worked with. But it is complete and not the worst looking block.

CCCQ Block # 32
 This next one is the last block released. It is challenging my skills. I did not enjoy making all those jelly beans. As a matter of fact, I found a whole jar of jelly beans that one of our granddaughters won at a picnic here at the farm last year. They had been put away so she would not eat them all at once. Humph. I ate some the other day and had a dreadfully upset stomach, so made sure the rest of the jar went out with the trash yesterday. I think they look more like tiny hamburgers. Or maybe yoyos.


CCCQ Block #33

There will be 7 more of those round thingies reverse appliqued after I finish that first one. Not as daunting as it might have been at first thought, but then, I did have my mind engaged in ethical issues while  my hands were busy stitching.

I can't believe that I am almost done blessings,
Chris

7 comments:

  1. These really are challenging blocks. You are a quilting rock star to stick with all of these difficult and "stitch intensive" blocks! Are you starting to feel a little sad as you come to the end of this project???!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little sad? No. A little annoyed that I have committed to completing this one and will not allow myself to start any of the next 3-4 that I want to start. As long as I was just making blocks with no deadline, I could happily work on 5 quilts. But I think I had the same kind of feelings a year ago when competing the Dear Jane quilt was the only one I worked on. Sad? Maybe. Let's see what I feel like next week.

      Delete
  2. Is this the last one? It looks extremely labor intensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the last block released but I still have one more that is not finished.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...your blocks look wonderful! You took a sewing challenge and did a great job!

    ReplyDelete