Pages

Friday, December 30, 2016

2017 Dreams, Goals, Plans

Quilt Dreams (What I want to do)
  • Start 150 Canadian Women
  • Start Stonefields
  • Start Caswell 
  • Make significant progress on Morrell
  • Make progress on AWS
  • Complete to 100 blocks of Bright Jane 
  • Complete the rest of  BTCT blocks 
  • Complete Ben Biggs
  •  
Goals (What I should do)
  • Complete doctorate. 
  • Complete 6 quilt tops. 
  • Quilt 6 quilts. I have a few small flimsy to practice on.
  • Not write anymore goals.
Plans (What I am going to do)
  • Visit Poland for Easter
  • Shipshewana Retreat November with Di Ford Hall
  • Do another Whole30 program to find out what foods are aggravating my hands
  • Promote my book and sell enough copies to cover the cost of publishing
  • Q@F quilt retreat at The Quilt Farm in spring
  • Blog at least once a week
Blessings,
Chris

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. The things we want to do aren't always what we should do.
    How lucky that you will be attending the retreat with Di Ford Hall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is supposed to be in Provence in April and when I emailed to register back in October, it was already wait listed. Too bad since I will be in Poland the week before and it would have worked. but I already knew she is planning to be in Shipshewana in Nov.

      Delete
  2. I can relate to your post on so many levels. (grin)
    How wonderful that you will be attending the Di Ford retreat next November!
    Wishing you a year filled with good health, fun adventures and many happy and stitch filled occasions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so any things i want to do but the little children keep showing up so I spend time with them.

      Delete
  3. I chuckled at some of your goals (not write anymore goals). What is the book you wrote and are promoting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denine: One mother's journey with a profoundly handicapped child.
      It is my story. I wrote it more than 30 years ago to bring closure and healing to a painful journey of faith with my first born daughter. It will be released next week, I hope.

      thanks for asking

      Delete
  4. We must dream in order to set goals and (as something I saw recently so aptly put it) our goals don't work unless we do! You've got it all in perspective and will get the cream of what rises to the top of your To Do list done. Hope the book sales pay for publishing AND some fabric treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some (most) days I dream more than I do. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. Since it is self-published, I have calculated just how many books I need to sell to break even. But making money is not the purpose. the purpose is to get our story out there. Soon. Really soon now.

      Delete
  5. I"m inspired by the variety of your goals. You're sure to have a wonderful 2017!! Thanks for sharing with us at TUesday Archives!

    ReplyDelete