Winter has arrived fast and furious. It is not too warm in this big old farm house, even though the furnace is running most of the day and we got nice new airtight windows. I was upstairs in the guest rooms above the kitchen yesterday gathering the bedding to get it washed up nice and fresh for my little sister arriving from China tomorrow. It is f.r.e.e.z.i.n.g up there. I turned up the heat in both rooms and the bathroom too. But I discovered that the light bulbs in the bathroom need to be replaced. Good thing I bought 21 boxes at the local TSC stores Christmas sale for 90% off. Hope they work. I bought some on sale a month earlier to replace the expensive ones in the quilt room that only last a few months here. Sigh.
Now, I did not start out to write about light bulbs or snow, but I forget what I was thinking ten minutes ago. Story of my life. So I make notes and write lists and schedule things on my day timer. Even with all that, I did arrive on time for a massage appointment I had cancelled a couple of months ago. I was early for the double massage on Wednesday and it was wonderful. I did a 35 minute waterfit workout first so I was warmed up and my muscles were a bit relaxed. I was supposed to take a hot shower and a nap when I got home, but ended up going to Canadian Tire to buy a new mat for in front of the kitchen door, then Walmart next door for some orange juice but they had no low acid juice so I bought a new shirt and two new project boxes and ended up here at the computer until 1:30 in the morning. Oops. That's when I discovered the challenge.
I usually like to post pictures of quilting projects I am working on. However, I only did 20 minutes of applique in the past week so nothing to show. We are driving to our daughters for Christmas dinner tomorrow and picking my sister up at the airport in the way. There is a winter storm watch out, but we are Canadians and winter is a way of life. There is a story that goes:
Canada has four seasons - almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
I hope we do not run into any road construction.
Blessings,
Chris
Now, I did not start out to write about light bulbs or snow, but I forget what I was thinking ten minutes ago. Story of my life. So I make notes and write lists and schedule things on my day timer. Even with all that, I did arrive on time for a massage appointment I had cancelled a couple of months ago. I was early for the double massage on Wednesday and it was wonderful. I did a 35 minute waterfit workout first so I was warmed up and my muscles were a bit relaxed. I was supposed to take a hot shower and a nap when I got home, but ended up going to Canadian Tire to buy a new mat for in front of the kitchen door, then Walmart next door for some orange juice but they had no low acid juice so I bought a new shirt and two new project boxes and ended up here at the computer until 1:30 in the morning. Oops. That's when I discovered the challenge.
I usually like to post pictures of quilting projects I am working on. However, I only did 20 minutes of applique in the past week so nothing to show. We are driving to our daughters for Christmas dinner tomorrow and picking my sister up at the airport in the way. There is a winter storm watch out, but we are Canadians and winter is a way of life. There is a story that goes:
Canada has four seasons - almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
I hope we do not run into any road construction.
Blessings,
Chris
Have a great Christmas dinner with your daughter......
ReplyDelete