I love writing lists and making goals. Problem is, I don't always follow through. I did complete my omg-one-monthly-goal for October. Yay me! Now I am making another goal for November.
Well . . . two goals.
Goal one: complete and submit this course for my doctorate.
Goal two: complete these two 1857 blocks.
I made exactly one Bright Jane block in October. Still need to trim it and remove the foundation papers. This project is now taking a winter sabbatical. I will revisit it next year sometime.
I leave for Shipshewana Nov 8 for five days of quilting. I plan to leave my machines at home. The focus for me will be to be a student of the infamous Di Ford-Hall of Australia where she will teach hand work such as Broderie Perse applique, English Paper Piecing (EPP) and learning to let the fabric work for me. Fabric and colour selection is not one of my strengths. Maybe that will all change.
Blessibgs,
Chris
Linking with:
http://superscrappy.blogspot.ca/ omg-one-monthly-goal midweek-makers BOMs Away sewfreshquilts needle-and-thread-thursday can I get a whoop-whoop Slow Sunday Stitching esther's WOW needleandthreadnetwork quilter's monday
Well . . . two goals.
Goal one: complete and submit this course for my doctorate.
Goal two: complete these two 1857 blocks.
I made exactly one Bright Jane block in October. Still need to trim it and remove the foundation papers. This project is now taking a winter sabbatical. I will revisit it next year sometime.
I leave for Shipshewana Nov 8 for five days of quilting. I plan to leave my machines at home. The focus for me will be to be a student of the infamous Di Ford-Hall of Australia where she will teach hand work such as Broderie Perse applique, English Paper Piecing (EPP) and learning to let the fabric work for me. Fabric and colour selection is not one of my strengths. Maybe that will all change.
Blessibgs,
Chris
Linking with:
http://superscrappy.blogspot.ca/ omg-one-monthly-goal midweek-makers BOMs Away sewfreshquilts needle-and-thread-thursday can I get a whoop-whoop Slow Sunday Stitching esther's WOW needleandthreadnetwork quilter's monday
Congrats on meeting October's goal, and I wish you the best with November. I'm working on 1857 too, but I am way behind!
ReplyDeleteThese sound like attainable goals. Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteI'm a good bit jealous of the Shipshewana trip! :) You will undoubtedly have a marvelous time. I've followed Di for several years, and it would be amazing to meet her. Your Bright Jane block look fantastic, and has so much work in it that there is no "just" about getting that much done on the project in a month. I remember how long many of those Jane blocks take!!
ReplyDeleteI too struggle with colour and fabric selection. I am so jealous of you getting to work with the great Di Ford. I'm sure you will enjoy every minute and learn lots.
ReplyDeleteI gave up writing lists long ago. Found they were great to organize my thoughts, but then I'd never follow through. And the quilt will get done when it's good and ready! Thanks for sharing today.
ReplyDeleteLists are good, but they can make us feel guilty. I just remember that it is only being done for me, not "critic". Have a wonderful time on the retreat. You will probably come back with your brain overloaded with ideas. Take lots of photos of those inspirations.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your November goals especially for your doctorate course. Your DJ block makes me think of mine which has been on a very long sabbatical. Enjoy your Di Ford-Hall classes!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely PINK Bright Jane block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Best of luck with your coursework and November's OMG!!
ReplyDeletePretty blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting the Jane block done. I am working on Jane blocks too!
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy learning something new. Have fun on your trip. That Dear Jane block is very cool! Good luck with your November goals.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to take a class in Broderie Perse. What a wonderful opportunity. And good luck on your goals!
ReplyDeleteGood luck finishing your doctoral work. Enjoy your hand-stitching classes.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on meeting the goal in October! My lists have not been checked off the last few months. They just get carried over to the next month. Enjoy your classes. I try to remember things I like for color selection..... if you like a color mix on something (could be a flower garden, flooring, painting) you tend to enjoy that quilt. Trust yourself and things will fall into place.
ReplyDelete