Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2017

November 2017 OMG Completion

I know. My omg-one-monthly-goal was not a huge project but I had to make it doable. I can't complete four quilts every month now can I. Maybe I can but not anytime soon. 

I competed this Sally Post civil war sampler  block for my 1857-album-quilt block first. There wasn't much left to do but it is now done. The original center flower was not quite as odd shaped as mine but I am okay with it. Needle turned hand applique is not the best choice for those 8 petal flowers. 




Now this block. What can I say? I love it.  It was a challenge to figure out which leaves to cut out and how to arrange them on a circle I drew on the back ground. Then which ones to stitch down first so the over lap works. It was tricky. I had no idea just what it would look like until I got the last leaves stitched down. I am no expert at broderie perse applique, but will have lots of practice with the Di Ford-Hall projects I am working on.   



Blessings,
Chris

Linking with: 

  omg-one-monthly-goal   midweek-makers  BOMs Away  sewfreshquilts    can I get a whoop-whoop   Slow Sunday Stitching   esther's WOW    needleandthreadnetwork   quilter's monday lovelaughquilt. myquiltinfatuation.

13 comments:

  1. I have been following a quilter on Facebook who teaches broderie perse. She shares many pictures of her work. She has collected fabrics for years that work well for the technique. I have just recently been doing that. She also uses prints that aren't necessarily what we would normally use in quilt making such as something from a light weight drapery fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Beautiful blocks! I do needle turn Applique, one of my favorites. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both blocks are lovely but the one with the leaves is my favorite, just beautiful! Good job. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty blocks. I love needle turn for its imperfections! Enjoy your stitches

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I love that wreath block. I like the other block too. Your middle flower is a personalization.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty blocks! I'm not very good at applique, so I appreciate your work on these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good Chris! Kudos to you for the hand applique work, and thank you for sharing on Midweek Makers 100!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done. It is so nice to check off things on the to do list. I think some hand appliqué is going to be my December goal.

    ReplyDelete